Week 1 Part 1
a. What did Joe Navarro do in his job?
b. What are the examples of myths and misconceptions about body language given in the video?
c. How did Joe Navarro know that the person he caught was a mole?
d. Which part of our body transmits information about stress in our lives?
Week 1 Part 2
Week 1 Part 3
1. What do people who suffer from misophonia feel when they hear the sounds that irritate them?
2. What are the most typical sounds that trigger misophonia?
3. When was misophonia named as a condition?
Week 2 Part 1
Read an extract from the TED Talk and choose the correct meaning of the
1. To end up means:
2. Adventurous means:
3. To figure out means:
4. Badly means :
5. To turn out means.
Week 2 Part 2
1. Who is a polyglot? Where does this word come from?
2. What languages does Tim know at a beginner level?
3. Why is Tim’s talent unusual in terms of the American context?
4. How old was Tim when he started learning Hebrew?
Week 2 Part 3
Week 2 Part 4
Week 3 Part 1
Week 3 Part 2
1. When did the Thai government come up with and start the program?
2. What other countries decided to follow suit and promote their cuisine overseas?
3. What city is known as the refugee capital of the US?
Week 3 Part 3
farms / layers / nutrients / items / machines / plants 👇
Week 3 Part 4
You are going to watch a short one-minute called MOVE which shows clips of 11 countries visited by Andrew Lees in 44 days. You should watch the film and try to name as many of the countries as possible. The clips are very fast, so it will be necessary to watch the film at least twice!) ( make notes and send me the list of the countries (Telegram )
You are going to watch the second film LEARN in which Andrew learns different things in each country. You should watch the film and spot which things he learns.
Now you are going to watch the third film EAT in which Andrew tries typical dishes in each country. Try to identify the dishes and ingredients (Telegram)
Week 4 Part 1
1. it means that something belongs to or was developed in one’s own country.
2. immediately effective in getting people's attention or communicating an idea
3. to spend time doing nothing important or behaving in a silly way
Read the sentences from the previous exercise again. Which of them are True (T) and which are False (F) in your opinion?)
1. A lot of TikTok users goof around, dance or lip-sync to music.
2. TikTok is owned by a homegrown US company.
3. TikTok has about 1 billion monthly active users creating these snappy clips.
4. TikTok’s instantaneous nature makes the content that users create go viral quickly.
5. On average, TikTokers are definitely younger than Instagram users.
Watch the video and check your answers
Week 4 Part 2
1. Tommy works and comes from there.
2. The most money he’s made on a bug for a single report
3. Money he has earned over the last year.
4. Tommy served a total of about ... years behind bars
1. It’s the use of the Internet to conduct politically motivated attacks that result in physical harm to individuals. It also includes attacks against computer systems or data with the sole aim of violence against certain groups, religions or ethnicities.
2. It is a cybercrime which involves the systematic use of the Internet or other electronic means to harass, threaten or intimidate an individual or a group. It may take such forms as unpleasant messages, false accusations or threatening mails.
3. It’s illegal copying, distribution and use of programs or any other duplicate online content such as songs, movies or books, which is an infringement of the copyrights. Due to this crime, companies and content authors lose income while users may be affected by viruses or some other malware.
4. In this type of attack, criminals try to trick unsuspecting users into doing something they wouldn't ordinarily do, such as clicking on a malicious URL or email attachment. As a result, they steal users' login credentials, details which they can then abuse to gain unauthorised access to their victims' emails or financial accounts.
Week 4 Part 3
Improving the vocabulary
Week 5 Part 1
1. Her legs were disproportionate She tried to hide this defect by you wearing...
2. She made some loyal friends in high school.
3. The first painting she drew after the accident was “The bus”.
4. When Frida married Diego she was...
5. Their extravagant couple had a nickname ...
6. Diego was never a good husband .Three of his previous marriages ended because he cheated.
7. Frida’s father was French.
8. The artist died of .... in 1954 at the same house she was born in.
Week 5 Part 2
Read and listen to these sentences with words from the lecture. Choose the most likely definition of each bold word.
1.The museum is hosting an exhibition of PORTRAITS of elderly people by great artists like Rembrandt.
2.The lives of the artists Vincent van Gogh and Edvard Munch share several interesting PARALLELS.
3.The copy of the painting was so good it was VIRTUALLY impossible to tell it apart from the original.
4,The artist received a COMMISSION to produce a painting celebrating her country’s independence.
5.The new Museum of CONTEMPORARY Art will only display works produced in our in or after the 1950s.
6.In the ASSESSMENT of many art critics the artist’s early work was less powerful than his later pieces.
7.Among all of the great artists in the world Leonardo da Vinci perhaps has the highest STANDING.
8.The price of the paintingwas higher than expected because so many people wanted to ACQUIRE it.
9.The artists reputation WANED after people noticed he was selling works by his students as his own.
10.The new exhibition at the national Gallery is sold out because of the many EXCEPTIONAL reviews.
Check (✓) the five factors that the professor says influenced the reputations of Rembrandt and Vermeer.
Please select 5 correct answers
Now listen to segment 2 of the lecture. Write T if a statement is true or F it is false.
1.Rembrandt was born in Leiden in 1606 and moved to Amsterdam in 1621.
2.During his life, Rembrandt gained a good reputation for painting portraits.
3.Rembrandt created thousands of drawings and hundreds of paintings and prints.
4.Vermeer was born in Delft in 1632 and died without much money in 1675.
5.Vermeer joined a Delft association of painters while he was in his late 20$.
6.There is evidence to suggest that Vermeer created up to 40 paintings a year.
Listen to Segment 3 , which includes experts from the lecture. Choose the statement that best describes the speaker’s purpose.
1. The speaker talks about why Rembrandt's reputation immediately after his death survived better than Vermeer's. His purpose is
2. He talks about how many works each artist produced. His purpose is
3. He says that Rembrandt tutored many students. His purpose is
4. He mentioned where the two artists lived and worked. His purpose is
5. He describes the social position of the two artists. His purpose is
Week 5 Part 3
Матеріали використані на курсі
Підручники “Perspectives “, “21 Century Communication “, “Round -Up”, “English Grammar in Use”, NEF.
Сайти: esl-films; esl-discussion; esl-brains; Elllo; listenaminute; YouTube, Tedtalks.